Wednesday, October 01, 2014

ABC's "Forever" gives a new take on reincarnation and body-snatching


What would it be like to be immortal?  Dr. Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd, a Welsh actor who is 41) ries to find out as he works in a morgue, in the new ABC series "Forever" that started Sept. 23.

I sampled the series with Episode 2, “Fountain of Youth”  last night in the ABC Series, as a wealthy elderly man shows up in the morgue, having taken a steroid drug “Aterna”.  It gives him the body of a 30 year old man (at autopsy, his chest is muscular but absolutely hairless) and the brain of a 110-year-old.

The script says that the trouble with these illegal PED’s and steroids is that they actually work.  No wonder people want to use them.
  
Morgan provides an unusual take on reincarnation or even body-snatching.  When he “dies”, he re-awakens in a nearby body.  His first death had occurred two centuries ago when he worked as a doctor in the African slave trade.  In his progressive lives, he finds he doesn’t age, and might get younger (like Benjamin Button). 
  
Suppose I could wake up with another’s 18-year-old body tomorrow morning? I’d say, peak at Morgan;s gams. 
  
  
As I used to think, some men seem to “freeze in youth”. I didn't get to.  I had "lost it: before I was in the game. 

The ABC link is here.   
  
Picture: NYC Pride, June 2014. 

No comments: