Sunday, June 19, 2011

CNN: Sanjay Gupta reports on Bruce Feiler's "The Council of Dads"




On Sunday June 19, CNN broadcast a documentary “Dads for my Daughters”. Bruce Feiler, author of religious books and rather of twin girls, finds out from a sequence of medical tests (around 2008) that he has a bone sarcoma, so he enlists other male friends who can serve as role models for his two girls if in fact he doesn’t live long.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta hosted.  This kind of osteosarcoma strikes only 900 Americans a year, even more unusual for someone in his 40s.

I wondered, would I ever be game for something like this myself, not having had my own children. This always seemed like someone else’s emotional world, until more recent events.
   
The full link is hereThe news story is authored by Melissa Dunst Lipman and Jennifer Hyde.

Feiler would author a book “The Council of Dads: My Daughters, My Illness, and The Men Who Could Be Me” (publisher, William Morrow), link on Amazon.


No comments: