Thursday, March 02, 2017

CNN holds town hall with GOP senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham; Sinclair holds roundtable on Trump's speech


Wednesday, March 1, 2017, CNN presented a Town Hall with Dana Bash moderating questions to two GOP US Senatrs, John McCain and Lindsey Graham.  The best link seems to be here.
 
I had to record it because I was watching “We Will Rise”.  I had some trouble – I messed up and it didn’t start until about 20 minutes in to the show.  And it cut me off just before Graham was going to answer an important question on North Korea.

McCain said that Russian intervention in US elections by hacking and fake news influence could create an existential threat to US democracy.

Graham said that he wanted Trump to succeed, but that Putin has a blind spot when it comes to Vladimir Putin, worth 40 billion dollars (about as much as Mark Zuckerbeg), but much less legitimately.

Graham said Putin was interfering with Nato and trying to promulgate neo-fascist mass movements in Europe.



One doctor from Arizona questioned the idea of cutting Medicaid as part of “reforming” Obamacare.
 
Also, Wednesday night, Sinclair Broadcasting and WJLA News Channel 8 did a “Your Voice Your Future” roundtable from Arlington on Trump’s speech, moderated by Scott Thuman.  The link just given names the panelists.  Moran was my representative for years in Arlington, and Republican congressman Tom Davis was my rep in the mid 1990s when I lived in an apartment in Annandale (while writing my first book).

No comments: